Several solutions have been proposed by the ACFA to the various levels of government,including:
Here are four ways you can take part of this mobilization campaign:
- That the Government of Alberta allow the CSJ to access its carry-over funds ;
- That the Government of Alberta review the Campus Alberta Grant allocated to the University of Alberta, so that the portion of the Campus Alberta Grant ultimately received by the CSJ matches its number of current students (750 FLEs). Currently, the University of Alberta only remits to the CSJ funding for 528 FLEs ;
- That the Federal Government allow a complementary contribution under the OLEP, to be used by the CSJ without financial penalty ;
- That the Federal Government revises and increases the funding for the Official Languages in Education Programs (OLEP) allocated to the CSJ.
Medium and long term solutions should be considered by the community to ensure the sustainability of our French-language post-secondary institution in Alberta.
The ACFA participated in the U of A for Tomorrow consultation process and proposed solutions for Campus Saint-Jean.
– Read the 1976 Agreement
– Read the ACFA MEMO « Proposal for a Renewed Campus Saint-Jean within the U of A for Tomorrow restructuring initiative » (July 29, 2020)
– Read the Statement of Claim filed in the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta (August 17, 2020)
– Read the Feedback Letter on ARWG’s recommended scenarios and Campus Saint-Jean’s status within the U of A for Tomorrow restructuring initiative (November 5th, 2020)